JOIN THE TEAM
SHEPHERD FOR NEW STAFF
Summary: Under the general direction of the COO and working closely with the Entrust mobilization and leadership teams, provides ongoing shepherding and supervision for new staff. The shepherding process begins with receipt of an application and continues through the position appointment, support development season, preparation for deployment and transition into ministry. The shepherd encourages the relationship between the supervisor/team leader and prospect/applicant by overseeing the process through accountability and follow-up.
Reports to: CoO
Compensation: Raises support
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Personal Qualities Desired
Spiritual Qualities Desired
Download a copy of this task description.
Interested? Submit an interest form.
Contact us at email@example.com or 719.622.1980
· Provide guidance and coordination of all aspects of onboarding new appointees.
· Assist the supervisor/team lead in developing a personal, tailored preparation plan for each appointee, including networking, possible vision trip planning, courses/studies for self-development, to assist in smooth transition into full-time ministry.
· Provide appropriate guidance to Entrust team leaders and encourage regular, scheduled communication between appointees and team leaders throughout the onboarding process.
· Assist in the development or appropriation of internal training resources related to the shepherding and onboarding of new staff, including participating in New Staff Orientation in Colorado Springs.
· Meet monthly with each appointee, online or in person, to discuss personal support development work, including overall progress, calls made, presentations, written correspondence.
· Schedule and conduct quarterly status briefings between each appointee, their support development coach and personal mentor and others such as future supervisor, as needed.
· Provide guidance and mentoring in the visa application process, gathering needed documents and preparing for relocation.
· Establish and nurture supportive relationships with local churches and connect potential supporting churches with appointees, as appropriate.